Math Learning Center
The Math Learning Center has returned to room 4213 for Fall 2016.
The Math Learning Center has returned to room 4213 (in the back of the library).library
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is an extra-help resource for MATH 060 through MATH 264. The MLC provides individual assistance on a drop-in basis from qualified tutors devoted to your success. No appointment is necessary.
Our tutors work with students one problem at a time, involving students in the learning process to promote increased understanding of the concepts and independent problem-solving skills. When students are not working with tutors, they can use the space to work on their math coursework individually or in groups. (The MLC does not provide instruction to replace missed classes; consult your syllabus or instructor if you miss a class.)
Room 4213 (in the Library). (For Summer 2016 only, the MLC will temporarily be in room 2202.)
Mon-Thu: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sun: 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Mon-Thu: 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The MLC usually opens on the second or third day of classes each quarter. The MLC is closed whenever the college is closed (such as holidays and emergency closures). For Spring 2016, the MLC will open for the quarter at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, March 30, and close at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, June 10.
Phone: 206-546-5825 (for general questions about the MLC; we do not provide math help by phone)
Email: email@example.com to reach Rosalie Tepper, Math Learning Center Director
Resources for Doing Math
- Computers are available in the MLC for online math homework
- We have a handout available with math test-taking tips
- We are located in the Library which also has math textbooks, solution manuals (for some courses), and calculators
- Graphing calculators may be rented from the Bookstore for $20 per quarter, plus tax; students may rent for the entire quarter with proof of paid registration
- Check out the links on the left for further math resources