Check out News Links - A blog with news articles about and of interest to community and technical colleges
in Washington State.
From the State Board for Community & Technical Colleges:
Accelerate and Complete!
- Minimize tuition increases - Maximize financial aid
- Improve student retention and achievement
- Create more full-time faculty positions for student success
Strategic Investments for the Future
- Education more people, train more workers, fill more skills gaps, create more jobs
- Accelerate "anytime, anywhere" learning with technology
- Sustain faculty and staff excellence for innovation and success
Build a Workforce-Ready Washington
- Put more people back to work faster in high-demand jobs
- Move more students into bachelor's degree programs
- Support capital projects to meet workforce demands
A summary of 2012 legislation can be found here.