As an international student at Shoreline Community College, you are required to have
medical insurance during your studies. You may purchase medical insurance in your
home country before departure or purchase insurance through the college.
Shoreline Community College Requirements:
If you are purchasing medical insurance in your home country before departure:
- The college strongly recommends that your insurance plan from your home country will
meet the following standards of coverage:
- Minimum benefit of $100,000 per illness or injury
- Coverage anywhere in the U.S.
- Medical evacuation back to your home country - minimum benefit of $25,000
- Repatriation of remains - minimum benefit of $25,000
- Upon your arrival at orientation, you must show proof of insurance coverage in English.
- You are required to attend the Health Care session during orientation.
- The college contracts with Firebird International Insurance, which is provided by
Summit America: Insurance Services. The Firebird International Insurance plan is $366.00
per quarter and it provides the following coverage.
- Maximum benefit of U.S. $250,000 per illness or injury
- Coverage anywhere in the world including your home country.
- Medical evacuation back to your home country - maximum benefit of up to $50,000
- Repatriation of remains - Maximum benefit of up to $50,000
- You will purchase the insurance plan when you register classes each quarter and pay
with your tuition.
- You are required to attend Health Care session with Firebird Insurance representative
during the International Student Orientation and receive the insurance policy and ID card. Plans are also available for a child annd spouse during your studies.
To view complete coverage and policy details, please visit the Firebird International Insurance website.