Running Start Online Orientation
To succeed in college level classes:
- ATTEND your classes!
- If you care, your Professors will care!
- Average 2 hours of homework for every hour you are in class
- For a 5 credit class, anticipate 10 hours of homework to succeed in the class. This may also vary depending on the type of class.
- Ask for help!
- Professors are willing! Contact our office.
- FAST PACED! Remember that a college quarter is 10 weeks long!
- For example, one 5 credit English class is one year of High School level English
- College is one year of high school crammed into 10 weeks!
- Communicate with your instructors!
- If you are unable to attend class, inform your instructors.
- If you need help, ask.
- If you have any questions about the course, clarify with your instructor right away.
- If you have high school activities (i.e. Homecoming assemblies, sporting events, graduation practices, vacations, SATs) that conflict with your course time, your instructors may not excuse you. Talk with your instructors!
- Access campus resources:
You are a college student! Your teacher does not know you are a Running Start (High School) student! They will expect the same level of participation and quality of work as from typical college students!