- Dental Hygiene Prerequisite List.
- Dental Hygiene Program Application Process Pamphlet. Application and admissions criteria to the the Dental Hygiene Program is documented
in detail in this Pamphlet. A few pertinent details include: completing ALL prerequisite
courses BEFORE applying; all sciences must be taken within the last five (5) years;
and Advanced Placement courses will NOT be accepted as prerequisites. It is recommended
that students with minimal or no computer skills also take an introductory course
in the use of computers.
- Apply for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program (after completing ALL prerequisite
courses) by completing the ONLINE Dental Hygiene Program Application (Open December
15-January 15). Make sure you have followed the application process exactly and submit
before the deadline January 15, 2014. Print the entire application using the designated button on the screen and sign the pages indicated. You will be required to pay a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee.
Note: if you do NOT have permanent resident status in the United States, you must first apply and be accepted as an international student before your application to enter the Dental Hygiene Program can be considered. Please
contact the International Student Office at 206-546-4679 for information regarding
the application procedure and deadlines.
YOU MUST MEET ALL DEADLINES AND SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED AS
A QUALIFIED APPLICANT TO THE SHORELINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM
- There is no entrance exam for Fall 2014 applicants.
- PRIOR TO APPLICATION: Read carefully the Dental Hygiene Application Process Pamphlet.
- If you completed your prerequisites at another college; or outside of Washington;
or if your courses are not listed in the Course Equivalence Chart, complete a Review of Course Equivalency Form following the directions on the form. Send completed form to SCC Dental Hygiene Department
(address below). Your courses will be evaluated for transfer prior to application.
- Between December 15 and January 15 complete the online application form, print, sign
and send in to SCC Dental Hygiene Department (address below) along with:
- Transcripts (original or copies) through fall quarter the year of application.
- A $15.00 processing fee, non-refundable check or money order made payable to Shoreline
Community College, MUST BE INCLUDED with your application documents and transcripts.(NO
DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS).
- Proof of Work Experience Form(s).
- Send these documents in one envelope before the January 15, 2014 deadline to:
Shoreline Community College
Dental Hygiene Department 2500 Bldg.
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133
The deadline for submitting the dental hygiene application packet is January 15, 2014.
If hand delivered, the application packet must be received no later than 4:00 p.m.,
January 15, 2014. If mailed, postmark must be dated no later than January 15, 2014.
Under no circumstance will we accept late applications. The volume of applications makes it necessary to strictly adhere to the timeline.
Applicants with an incomplete file will need to wait until the next year to apply.
- Students will go through the selection/review process; a point system is used to determine
acceptance into the program. Initial ranking will be based on points assigned for
academic performance (grades of prerequisite course ONLY) and work experience. The
top sixty (60) applicants will be interviewed during the third week of March 2014.
Points from the interview will be added to previous points. Twenty-six (26) students
will be selected for program entry each fall quarter.
- All students will be notified of their acceptance status on April 2014. Students who
are placed on the alternate list are ranked, and should stay in close contact with
the Dental Hygiene Program Office if interested in remaining active applicants. If
a candidate withdraws, alternate candidates will be contacted.
- Prior to entry of Dental Hygiene Program, all students must have a: Washington State
criminal background check, copy of current First Aid Card, TB testing, required vaccinations
and physical exams.
All information submitted for the first application will be retained for two years.
If you feel it is necessary, you may retake any prerequisite courses, you will need
to resubmit a new application and processing fee by the new deadline. If you have
updated transcripts include them as well. Make sure you get updated information from
our website early Fall Quarter, as admission requirements and class selection procedures
are subject to change.