Registration for Project Biotech 2017
- IMPORTANT: Download this preview application preparation document so that you can prepare the information necessary to complete the 2017 online application form. The online application can be saved and completed at a later time, but this document is intended to help you prepare your application.
- ONLINE APPLICATION: The online application form can be found here: online application form. (Again, can save your answers as you go and return to the form at a later date.)
- Camp spots are available on a first-come, first served basis. All applicants will be notified of acceptance within three weeks of receipt of the completed online application.
- Campers will receive their acceptance letter via US Mail, which will contain information about how to pay camp registration fees ($450 per camp). Payment must be made within two weeks of the date of the acceptance letter.
- When each camp reaches the maximum capacity of 24 students, subsequent applicants will be notified that they have been placed on the Wait List and notified of any cancellations as they occur [see Wait List Notification Procedure and Cancellation and Refund Policy below].
The Northshore School District (NSD) is offering scholarships to cover the first $200 of camp registration fees for the first 10 NSD students who apply to camp. This scholarship is automatically applied to your registration fees and will be included in your acceptance letter. Only one scholarship per student.
A limited number of industry-provided scholarships are available to cover half ($225) or all ($450) of the camp registration fees. Requests for industry-provided scholarships are made through the online application form. Only one industry-provided scholarship is available per camp participant. The industry-provided scholarship may be combined with a NSD scholarship, pending availability of funding. Scholarships will be awarded based on the availability of funds, per the schedule outlined below:
- All requests for scholarships received by March 1, 2017 will be notified about funding by March 31, 2017.
- All requests for scholarships received by April 1, 2017 will be notified about funding by April 30, 2017.
- All requests for scholarships received by May 15, 2017 will be notified about funding no later than June 15, 2017.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Full refunds of the portion of the registration fees paid by the camper will be issued for any registration cancellation made at least 30 days prior to the start of the corresponding camp. 50% refunds of the portion of the registration fees paid by the camper will be issued for any cancellation made at least 15 days prior to the start of the corresponding camp. See table below for exact dates. To cancel your registration, notify Dr. Dina Kovarik via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Payment by credit card is strongly encouraged. Refunds for payments made using Visa or MasterCard will be refunded to the card that was used to make the original payment.
- Payments made with cash or check are refunded in the form of a check, payable to the student, and mailed to the address on the student record.
"Biotechnology Essentials and Beyond" Refunds
100% refund if you cancel on or before May 27, 2017
50% refund if you cancel May 28 through June 11, 2017
No refund if you cancel June 12, 2017 or later
"Biotechnology & Infectious Disease" Refunds
100% refund if you cancel on or before June10, 2017
50% refund if you cancel June 11 through June 25, 2017
No refund if you cancel June 26, 2017 or later
"Biotechnology & the Environment" Refunds
100% refund if you cancel on or before June 24, 2017
50% refund if you cancel June 25 through July 9, 2017
No refund if you cancel July 10, 2017 or later
Wait List Notification Procedure:
- When a cancellation has been received, all students on the Wait List for that camp will be notified by email.
- The camp seat will be given to the first student that responds by email to Dr. Dina Kovarik (email@example.com).
- Acceptance will be acknowledged by email and an acceptance letter will be sent via US Mail, which will contain information about how to pay camp registration fees ($450 per camp). Payment must be made within two weeks of the date of the acceptance letter, but no later than the start of camp.