"I was hired at a biotech company before I even graduated from the SCC biotech program,
something I had been trying unsuccessfully to do with just my microbiology degree
for over five years."
- Jenna Gravley, Research Cell Bank Manager,
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
"The first experiment I did in my molecular biology class was isolation of plasmid,
that was also one my first responsibilities at my job."
- Reshma Dani, MD
Iverson Genetic Diagnostics, Inc.
When you have successfully completed the program, you will be able to:
- Assist research scientists in the laboratory.
- Perform technical procedures such as cell counting, solution and media preparation,
DNA extraction and characterization, electrophoresis, cloning, polymerase chain reaction,
ELISA and other immunology techniques, maintenance of cell lines transfection, fermentation,
protein isolation and purification using various chromatographic techniques.
- Conduct research experiments following operating and safety protocols and apply knowledge
of theory and techniques to troubleshoot appropriately.
- Analyze and display data using computer technology including the Internet and software
designed for maintaining a database, preparing spreadsheets, conducting statistical
analysis, and graphical display.
- Manage laboratory activities including record keeping, ordering supplies and preparing
Who hires Shoreline graduates?
Among others, these regional employers...