Receiving Your Financial Aid Funds
After the Financial Aid Office at SCC has received all application information and documents, student applications are processed in date order completed. After the office has determined eligibility, students are awarded financial aid.
Loans, grants and waivers apply directly toward tuition and applicable fees. Students must first be registered for the number of credits (not just on a waiting list) for which you are receiving financial aid. Loan funds apply after all steps in the loan process have been completed. Any remaining funds are made available to the student.
All debts owed to the College, such as parking tickets or library fines must be paid before students can receive their financial aid refund.
Note: Students should start each quarter with some of their own funds to pay for books and other expenses.
Forms: All required forms are available in the Financial Aid Office at SCC and can be mailed to you at your request. All the forms needed to complete your application for financial aid are also available for download here at the SCC website, which you can then print, complete and mail or bring to the Financial Aid office.
Students who receive financial aid are expected to complete credits for which they were funded. Students who received financial aid and need to withdraw should contact the financial aid office. Students who stop attending or who do not complete any credits might be required to repay a portion of their financial aid and their tuition.
General Scholarship Application tips:
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope when requesting applications or information.
- As soon as you receive an application, read it carefully. Pay close attention to items that are required in order to process your application.
- If any part of the application seems confusing feel free to seek advice from the scholarship provider, an instructor, the Financial Aid Office, or an academic counselor. Ask for letters of recommendation from instructors, community leaders or people who you have worked with. Discuss in advance with the writers the kind of information you will need. Include these letters along with your application.
- Type all application forms, letters, essays, questionnaires, or any other information. Proofread all materials and make sure they are picture-perfect: no misspellings, no errors. It is always a good idea to have someone else look over the application and attached statements one more time.
- Before sending your application, make a copy for your records.