Student-government elections on April 17-19 will bring familiar and new faces to the Student Leadership Center for the 2012-13 academic year, according reports from the Student Body Association.
- For President, Kanpong Thaweesuk returns to office with 171
votes (53% of the total presidential votes)
- For Minister of Government, Karina Sindunata won with 271
votes (81% of the total MOG votes)
- For Minister of Communications, Lenka Savina won with 163
votes (52% of the total MOC votes)
There were also two Constitutional changes on the ballot that
was conducted online. The results are:
- Removal of Parliament committees passed 281 to 49.
- Moving the Minister of Government position from elected to hired
status passed 257 to 74.
Since each of the winning candidates received more than 50
percent of the votes cast in that race, there will be no runoff elections
according to election rules. The results will be reviewed and approved by the
current student government in the Parliament meeting this Friday, April 27, in PUB
room 9201. This meeting is open to the public and any questions or concern
about the elections will be discussed during the meeting.
For more election details: http://shoreline.edu/sba/